One of my pantry staple favourites is Roasted red peppers. They are nothing but peppers that have been roasted and stored in water. They are an amazing flavour addition to pastas, sandwiches, wraps and salads. The sweet taste of the red pepper is a flavour that kids love.
Goat Cheese & Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Breast
You will need: 4 chicken breasts, 1 small log (150 grams)plain goat cheese, PC jarred roasted red pepper strips, 1 head broccoli, 1 1/2 cups rice, 1 green onion.
- Preheat the Oven to 425 degrees.
- Get the rice on the stove. Follow package directions, I used PC Scented Rice and it takes about 15 minutes for it to cook. Once you turn the heat off, it will stay warm on the stove until the rest of the dinner is ready.
- Cut the broccoli into medium to large florets, place in a pot with 1/4 cup water, cover.
- In a bowl mix together 150 grams goat cheese (1 small log) and about 1/4 cup of the roasted red pepper strips.
- Use a sharp knife to (butterfly) cut the chicken breast length wise
- Stuff each chicken breast, fold in half and place in a glass baking dish. If you have more stuffing than you need, save it to spread on a sandwich or cracker later. If your like me you'll just eat it straight off the spoon.
- Place chicken in oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli on burner and bring water in bottom of pot to a boil, allow to cook covered for 6 minutes. Turn heat off and keep covered until ready to serve.
- When the chicken is cooked, top with green onions and your done.
- Serve the Chicken, broccoli and rice on a plate and call it a day!
5 Ways to add some fancy to this meal!
- Add 1/2 cup white wine to the baking dish before cooking chicken.
- Stir 2 Tbsp store bought pesto into the cooked rice.
- Wrap each chicken breast in bacon or prosciutto.
- Mix together 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp butter, divide evenly on top of each chicken breast before baking.
- Sprinkle the Broccoli with Parmesan and toasted walnuts.